Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
- Good campaign with nice weapon, vehicle and enemy variety
- Awesome new weapons (specially the gravity hammer)
- Online multiplayer ranks up there with the best
- Forge mode is an awesome feature for a console shooter
- Graphics are pretty weak
- Flood levels are hit-and-miss
- Some of the new vehicles are pretty meh
Final Grade: A-
Speaking of the manual, it's got quite a bit of content, it fills you in on what happened in the past two halos, it gives you a short description of every major character, alien race and it has some vehicle stats as well as instructions on how to play the game (you'd be surprised on how many games these days forget to include this).
Included with every normal edition of the game is a foldout poster (why don't more games do this?) on one side you get Master Chief and Arbitor and on the other you'll find some boring instructions on how to control the game, I'd have preferred if we had a second image on the back, but I'm not about to look a gift horse on the mouth.
Finally we have the typical Xbox live 48 hour trial, never did like this sort of sales pitch, though I like that it uses the image from the game's cover.
Overall this a great packaging for a non-collector's edition, the manual is pretty good as is customary with the series, but the poster just nails it.
Packaging Score: A-